Farm Tour and Honey Tasting Experience:
$10 per person
Escape the city for a fun filled day with the family in Virginia's rural northern Piedmont at one of the oldest working farms in America. Valley View Farm in Delaplane, less than 60 miles from downtown Washington, D.C., is a picturesque agricultural setting that is bustling with agri-tourism activities.
Receive a guided hayride tour and local honey tasting experience for the entire family at this historic farm once surveyed by George Washington, camped on by troops during the Civil War, and fox hunted on by General George Patton.
Tours are available Saturdays, noon, 1pm and 2pm, April through June and September through October for a family experience that includes:
- Guided hayride farm tour, which covers the history of the Valley View Farm tract dating back to 1731, as well as educational agri-tourism destination points: Honey Bee Hill, Orchard Grove, and The Barnyard
- Honey Bee Hill – learn about the Honey Bee Initiative and the farm’s efforts to support George Mason University to develop and sustain honey bee populations in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Orchard Groves – learn about the farm’s peach, apple, blackberry, blueberry and cherry orchards.
- The Barnyard – a hands on interaction with our animals at the barnyard. Our friendly sheep and cows will eat right out of your hand, a true farm-only experience.
- Valley View Honey Tasting – Enjoy a sample of different types of local honeys, to include Valley View Farm’s Noble Hive honey.
- Locavore Farm Market Discount – Receive a 10% discount on all purchases in the Locavore Farm Market.
Terms and Conditions
Wear jeans or other comfortable clothing for a hayride. Reservations not required, available on a first come first serve basis. Available Saturdays in April through mid-June, and September through October, at noon, 1pm and 2pm. Weather dependent. Tax and gratuity are not included. Farm Market discount cannot be combined with any other offers. Participants must sign liability waivers. Check in at the little Red Barn. For additional questions email us at email@example.com