Winery, Hard Cidery, and Locavore Farm Market
(No Pick-Your-Own Fruits Available at this Time)
Friday: 12 pm – 4 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12 pm – 5 pm
Phase One Guidelines
We are excited to inform you that as of May 23rd, 2020 we have re-opened at Valley View Farm. It is very important to us that our staff and customers feel safe and welcome to visit us during this time. Due to this, we will be are putting policies in place to adhere to the standards and guidelines set forth in Phase One of the Forward Virginia Plan.
No Reservation Required at this Time!
Things to Know if Visiting:
- When you arrive we ask that you check-in at the Sales Window (under the porch) prior to choosing a table so we may welcome you and give you a rundown of how we are working to keep you and others safe.
- Purchases for Onsite Enjoyment:
- Purchases for onsite consumption will only be permitted for enjoyment in our outdoor areas only, rain or shine. Indoor seating is not available at this time per VA Phase One guidelines.
- Glass and Bottles Sales of Wine, Hard Cider, and Mead will be available for purchase. All glass purchases will be served in disposable plastic cups at this time.
- Tastings: At this time we will not be doing any tastings.
- Outdoor Seating:
- Only outdoor seating will be available at this time, no exceptions.
- Due to the size of our property, we are not requiring reservations for our outdoor seating at this time, this may be subject to change. However, there is a very limited number of outdoor tables and they often fill up. We invite you to consider taking this opportunity to bring your own folding chairs or picnic blanket when you visit. This way you can find a beautifully secluded spot on the property overlooking the orchard to enjoy your afternoon!
- We will not be permitting groups of 10 or more on property at this time.
- 6ft social distancing is still required in all areas on property. Available tables and chairs will be spaced out on the property to maintain this requirement. Guests may not move or relocate any furniture on property.
- Guests are welcome to sit at any of the outdoor furniture provided or bring their own. We have a limited number of tables available on the property so guests are welcome to bring their own seating or picnic blankets as long as they do not set them up within 10 ft of any other table or customer.
- Dogs: We are Dog friendly for friendly dogs, as long as they are leashed, and supervised at all times.
- Food: Guests are welcome to bring outside food to enjoy on property.
- No Outside Alcohol: In accordance with ABC law, outside alcohol is not permitted, and guests who appear intoxicated will be refused service. Wine tastings are not available at this time.
- For questions or details on bad weather options for onsite enjoyment please contact us directly via email or phone.
- To-Go Sales:
- Guests are still welcome and encouraged to purchase bottles to-go. We offer both in-person sales and Curbside pick-up for all to-go orders.
- For Curbside orders please call the farm when you arrive to place your order.
- Guests are requested to wear face masks while interacting with staff, using the restroom, and traveling or moving about the property in areas where other guests are present. Face coverings/masks are not required while seated with your group, or while eating and drinking. Customers will need to bring their own masks to wear.
- All staff will be wearing masks and gloves as well as washing their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Guests are required to maintain a minimum of 6′ social distancing from other guests outside of their group and with employees. Guests may not congregate in groups of more than 10 guests. Guests in violation of this policy will be asked to leave.
- Staff will be sanitizing/cleaning all surfaces and the bathroom frequently and between guests.
- Guests are asked to minimize staff exposure by ensuring all their trash is appropriately disposed of in our trash cans and empty wine bottles placed in the recycling boxes.
For the safety of our staff and other guests, please do not visit if you have experienced a fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, or have known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days.
All guests are asked to follow the guidelines and restrictions of the county, city, or state in which they reside. If you live in an area that has not been cleared to enter Phase One or similar, we ask that you do not visit at this time.